|Getting to know Whitney Hillier, who tied for 17th at Lalla Aicha Tour School for 2013.|
Getting to know Whitney Hillier, who tied for 17th at Lalla Aicha Tour School for 2013.
1. When and how did you start to play golf? I started when I was 7 years old, in Australia and I have been playing ever since. We went with the school and had free lessons and I encouraged myself to continue playing and I am lucky to have supportive parents. I am their only child… I have a lot of support back home.
2. When did you turn professional and what have you been doing? I turned professional last month. I played lots of tournaments this year and won four of them, they were national and international events.
3. Tell me something most people don't know about you? My nick name is “Whippa”.
4. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? I do not know! Golf has been all my life. So, I would do something in sports, anyway.
5. How many and which languages do you speak? I speak English and Thai and learning Spanish. My mum is from Thailand.
6. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger, Adam Scott and Lorena Ochoa.
7. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? I like going to the beach, swimming and my music.
8. Do you have a favourite TV commercial or series? “Gossip Girl”
9. Favourite gift you have received and from who: Just lot of support from Karrie Webb. She is a very big mentor…
10. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? Relaxing and going to the beach. This is very Australian. I also love “Australia Day” and I go to the beach and we watch the fireworks.
11. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around like in the car or the shower? No, I am very bad.
12. What beauty product can you not live without? “Mac”
13. What is your favorite time of year? Summer, which is now.
14. Favorite quote or saying? “Follow your dream,”
15. Best and weakest part of your game: Putting is my best and weakest is wedges…I just have to keep working on those distances.
16. Driving distance average: 230 meters.
17. Putting average: 29-30.
18. Best round ever: 65 (-7) at a Canadian Amateur tournament in 2009 and Malaysian event this year.
19. Favourite golf course that you have played: I love the Old Course in St Andrews. I won an event there too. And Terri Pines in California.