|The month of April is dedicated to women's sports, so we asked our players about their favourite sports and other female athletes. Here we hear from Valentine Derrey of France.|
The month of April is dedicated to women's sports, so we asked our players about their favourite sports and other female athletes. Here we hear from Valentine Derrey of France.
1. Do or did you practice any other Sport apart from Golf? Yes: tennis on the weekend
2. What is/was your level at that sport? I didn't have a handicap. I was playing for fun
3. What could you tell us about following Sports?
- Soccer / the French National Team won the world cup in 1998
- Athletics: huge in USA in college
- Tennis: Federer and Nadal great games
- Surf: very popular in Australia
4. Compare golf with other Sport you like. Which one do you think is the toughest? Skiing is toughest. You need to be a 100 % all the time. Is you make one mistake, you could lose your life whereas golf isn't like that.
5. Who is your favourite Sportwoman outside golf? Why? Linsdey Vonn. She is an unbeleiveble athlete. Even after falling down and hurting her knee, she was working out to get better already and to compete for the next event.
6. Is there any Sport that you would like to practice professionally if you weren’t dedicated to golf? Tennis. I love this game
7. Do you think women’s sport is popular enough? The most popular is tennis, they earn the same price money as guys. Women's golf isnt popular enough but it is better than 50 years ago. We are getting there!