|Marion Ricordeauís routine before she hits first shot on a Tournament Day.|
Marion in action recently
In this series we focus on how golfers prepare for a tournament round and in this case , we show how French and Lacoste player Marion Ricordeau prepares for her second round at her most recent event: Lacoste Ladies Open de France, where she finished tied for 24th.
Marion Ricordeau was introduced to golf at the age of 12 by her parents and finished 2nd on the LETAS Order of Merit in 2012, which gave her the opportunity to play this full season on the Ladies European Tour. Marion has played 13 events this year, with best season finishes tied 19th at the ISPS Handa New Zealand Women's Open and tied 21th at the ISPS Handa Ladies European Masters.
Friday 27th September Day 2 – Lacoste Ladies Open de France- Tee Time 10:40
- 7:30 Wake up
- 7:35 Shower
- 8:00 Breakfast: Homemade Brioche (by Lucy Andre’s father) with Nutella , orange juice and a tea or milk (depending on how I feel in the morning)- No eggs, no ham… only Sweet things in the morning
- 8:20 Prepare my bag, so I do not forget anything
- 8:45 Arrive to the Golf Course ( I normally arrive 1 hour and 30 minutes before my tee time), so this is a little bit earlier
- 9:00-9:30 Get the pin positions and discuss 5 minutes with the girls and I write the pin positions on the Yardage book with my caddy. We place the pin positions on the drawing
- 9:30-9:45 I go to the putting green to practice long putts
- 9:55 Driving Range and some warm up. I start with my wedges and then 9 or 8-iron, depending on what I hit more on the course, and then 6-iron and hybrid or 3 –woods (depending on the course) and finally driver. And then, again a few wedges … when I am done, I am going to the putting green or the chipping area to practice some bunker shots or chips, depending on the golf course.
- 10:20-10:25 Short putts and few long putts to finish. I do not have to hole the last putt before I go to 1st tee, as long I hit a good one
- 10:25 I normally get to the 1st Tee (or 10th) 15 minutes before my tee time and then I take the tees, the water. I normally put between 4-6 tees in my pocket. My caddy and me we both make sure that we have everything for the next 3 holes, basically fruit and water. Then I look at the yardage book to see what club and what shot I would need to do and then I prepare for my shot. Finally I just focus on what I need to do at the first shot and I hit it!!
- 10:40 Tee-off