With just days to go before the start of the London Games we asked several LET golfers about their favourite Olympic memories and their thoughts on golf rejoining the programme at Rio de Janeiro in 2016. Here is what Chrisje de Vries had to say.
1. What is/are your favourite/s Olympic Sport? 100 metres.
2. What is your favourite Olympic sportwomen/men? Why? Usain Bolt. He's just fast!
3. What sport or event do you like to watch during the Olympics? 100 metres, field hockey, judo, gymnastics.
4. Have you got any plans to go to watch any event regarding London 2012? Not yet, but I will definitely follow the games on TV!
5. Which country do you think will win more medals during London 2012? What about Great Britain? I think the US will win the most medals in the 2012 Olympics. Britain is definitely going to win medals in cycling and sailing and maybe rowing as well.
6. Which Olympic Games did you like the most and why? They all have something.
7. Do you practice currently or have you ever practiced any other Olympic Sport, apart from Golf? I played field hockey when I was young, between age 6 and 14, and did athletics for 2 years, between age 12 and 14.
8. Your favourite moment at any Olympics Games: When Pieter van den Hoogenband won the Olympic gold medal in 100 metres free style swimming in 2004 we were watching the race with the whole family and were screaming and shouting so loud. This has made a big impression on me as a kid!
9. Have you met any other Olympic medal sportsmen or women apart from Vera Shimanskaya? No.
10. If you were not a golf professional, what other Olympic Sport would you have liked to practice? Field hockey!
11. If you had not dedicated your career to golf. In which other Olympic Sport do you think you would have succeeded? I think I could have been a good field hockey player.
12. How do you think golf will change from 2016 after being a new Olympic Sport? I think the sport will become more popular and better known throughout the world.