We chatted with Paula Hurtado from Colombia during Lalla Aicha Tour School 2013 Final Qualifying and asked her few personal questions and more about her relation with golf, so we could get to know her a little better. She is -6 after first two rounds.
1. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I play volleyball, now as a hobby.
2. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? I would lke to be a psychologist.
3. Education? Which University and degree? I attended Florida International University and majored in Hospitality Management and Psychology.
4. How many and which languages do you speak? English and Spanish.
5. Who would be in your dream foursome? Annika Sorenstam, Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and me.
6. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Read a book or hung out with my friends.
7. Do you have a favourite TV commercial or series? Yes, “Friends”
8. What invention do you wish you had thought of? Light.
9. Favourite gift you have received and from who? A book from my mum, a psychology book from Deepak Chopra. I loved it!
10. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? There is a party in my city (Medellin) called “Feria de las Flores”. It ‘s in August, there are old vintage car exhibitions, parades… all on the streets.
11. And favourite expression from your country? “Parsi” which means: dude, buddy, mate…
12. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment to date? To grow as a person every day.
13. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around like in the car or the shower? It’s a Colombian song, ballenato, and it’s called “Después de tí”. I sing it every day.
14. What is your favorite store to shop in and why? "Forever 21" because I love the clothes and it’s cheap.
15. What beauty product can you not live without? Make up from "Blush" cosmetics.
16. What is your favorite time of year? Christmas.
17. Tell us something you hate doing. Why? I don’t like running very much. It's too tiring..
18. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be? Shoes.
19. If given a complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why? I would be professional golfer, again.
20. When and why did you start playing golf? I started to play golf when I was 7 years old. I played squash and volleyball beforehand, but one day at my club, I tried it. In the beginning, my parents told me that golf was usually played by an older generation, so they did not like very much that I would play. But I liked so much that I decided to continue by myself. And then, contrarily from what he first thought, my father supported me.