Sharmila Nicollet has experienced her rookie year this season after earning the last spot in the play-off at Tour School at the beginning of 2012 at La Manga Club in Spain. She was back this week at Lalla Aicha Tour School in Morocco, showing her potential and answered our Quick-18 questionnaire:
1. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I am a shopaholic and I love cars and cars modification, photography, perfumes… and I want to be on the side when I make it with golf, I want to start me own fashion line and my own perfume. I also love animals and I have eight dogs at home and a fish and turtles.
2. Where do you normally live? I am based in India, close to Bangalore… but I am barely at home because the European Tour takes us to beautiful places.
3. Education? Which University and degree? I am doing a Psychology degree privately right now and it’s for Sports as well. It’s a two-year course but I am taking my time. As a plan B, it can help me in golf as well.
4. How many and which languages do you speak? I am not that much into languages but I love to learn them. I come from India and we’ve got over hundred languages, so I can speak around 6 languages in India; English and French and some varieties of India.
5. Who would be in your dream foursome? Rory McIlroy, Tiger , Adam Scott and me.
6. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Music and TV shows… I watch “Californication”, “Suits”, “Homeland”, “Revenge”… I love watching these TV show and I love listening to music from Hip-Hop, rap, pop, soft music, psychedelic…
7. What invention do you wish you had thought of? Maybe music in the shower or something related to cars…like an automatic sportscar battery operator
8. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? Bollywood dancing for my cousin’s wedding. All of us got together, like 7-8 of us and do a Bollywood dance. That is a tradition in my Hindu family. We do it in the weddings. It’s good fun.
9. What is the one thing you have done and would never want to do again? Shark diving. I did it this year when we were in South Africa … My heart was out…South Africa is such an adventurous place and that was on my bucket list, so I did it…but I am not going to do it again.
10. What is your favorite store to shop in and why? I like the Apple Store, because I am a gadget freak . I love fashion and Louis Vuitton would be one of my favourites.
11. What beauty product can you not live without? Mac.
12. What is your favorite time of year? New Year’s eve. I am going to Goa, which is my refuge.
13. Favorite quote or saying? “The harder you practice, the luckier you are”
14. How did you get into golf? I am a very sporty person and I started to golf at the age of 12. I was on other teams as a swimmer and practiced athletics, basketball and tennis and I just started to play golf for fun.
15. Who introduced you to golf? Me and my cousins started on small junior camps and then I won my first tournament at the age of 14.
16. Who was the person to encourage you to continue playing? My family and my mum.
17. Best round, when and where? -5 , last time on Q-School in Murcia and in India.
18. Best and weakest part of your game? Any yardage in particular? My long game, my driver is my strength and I am an expert in, let’s say 270 yds…! And my weakest part I think would be my approaches.