We meet LET Rookie Katie Burnett, a Psychology major from the University of South Carolina who loves, country music, movies and cooking, among other things...
1. When and how did you start to play golf? I started to play when I was six years old. My grandparents played and they wanted a foursome so they started my brother and I to play. At that time I played a bunch of sports and I did not really like it very much until I was 15 or 16. My grandparents encouraged me to continue.
2. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I love to cook. I like Italian food.
3. When did you turn professional? In June 2012.
4. In which professional tournaments did you compete? I played the Symetra Tour, the US Open and some other tournaments … around 13-14 tournaments in total.
5. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? Probably be a doctor.
6. Which University did you attend? I attended the University of South Carolina and majored in Psychology.
7. How many and which languages do you speak? Just English and little bit of Swedish, from my friends in College.
8. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger, Annika and Arnold Palmer.
9. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Watch movies. My favourite recent one was Batman.
10. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? Thanksgiving. We eat turkey…
11. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around like in the car or the shower? Southern State of Mind from Darius Rucker. I like some country music and I like him especially because I met him in South Carolina.
12. What beauty product can you not live without? Face cream.
13. What is your favorite time of year? I like summer time.
14. Favorite quote or saying? Aint nothing to it, but to do it
15. Best and weakest part of your game: The best part is putting and weakest is probably driving accuracy.
16. Driving distance average: 260 yds.
17. Putting average: 28
18. Best round ever so far: 65 (-7) at LET Final Tour School for 2013.
19. Favourite golf course: Seaside in Georgia.