|Getting to know our rookies: meet Spainīs Patricia Sanz.
Patricia Sanz at the Lalla Aicha Tour School 2013
Patricia Sanz was born in 1990 in Madrid. The former ‘Auburn Tiger’, who studied microbiology at Auburn University in the United States, finished second at the LETAS Order of Merit and earned category 7 for the 2014 Ladies Eurpean Tour season. She recorded a string of impressive results on the 2013 LET Access Series, including a win at the Grecotel Amirandes Ladies Open.
Patricia turned professional last summer in 2013 and will play this week her first LET event as LET member.
Read the interview below to get to know her better:
- Your style: not very complicated, casual and sporty.
- Your family (father, mother, brother and sister….): Mother (Marina) Father (Carmelo), one sister (Marta).
- Your pets (in case you have any): two German shepherds.
- Your hero: My uncle and my college coach: both cancer survivors.
- Your music and what´s on your playlist: I love music, all apart from deep country. You can find songs from The fray, Johnny Cash, Imagine Dragons, David Guetta or Lady Gaga.
- Your summer so far: beach, sailing, friends, party and golf.
- Your aroma (perfume, scent): Lacoste.
- Your colour: purple.
- Your favourite food: seafood.
- Your ice cream : chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Your sin: gluttony.
- Your secret: happiness.
- Your fantasy: that magic exists.
- Your drink/cocktail: tequila/margaritas.
- Your snack: milk-chocolate muesli cereal (preferably Selectia or Quackers)
- Your novel (favourite book and writer): Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling) or Hunger Games (S. Collins).
- Your film (favourite film, actor/actress, director…): hard question as I have many favorites: "Love Actually", "Bridesmaids", "The Last Samurai", "The Island", all Harry Potter, "Hunger Games". Favourite actor: Anthony Hopkins. Actress: Charlize Theron/ Rachel Macadams.
- Your tournament (it could be the best one you have played or the one you would love to play in the future. Please explain): The Evian Championship. I love France and it’s a great tournament.
- Your inspiration: my family.
- Your best memory so far: skiing trip with my family. Lots of laughs and a great time.
- Your best golf achievement that you are most proud of: winning the SEC Championship my last year in college. The course was the toughest I have ever played, plus the conditions were very tough as well and I won individually and we won as a team. I had to make the last putt to win by one both individually and as a team.
- Your rituals at home (when you wake up and when you go to bed): I don’t have rituals. I have necessities. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. When I go to bed, if im struggling to fall asleep, I open a book and it puts me right to sleep.
- Your dream: retire when I am 30 and have a huge family.
Partly Cloudy 15°
Wind: N 4.83 kph
Fri - Thunderstorms 9°-18°
Sat - PM Showers 10°-20°